I'm a big fan of real life: the imperfect, gritty joy that comes from big, honest striving.
My camera is my pen. It's the tool I use to write down stories. Stories of love, grief, hope, humor, potential, connection, and delight.
My own story includes a husband, four kids, two cats, lots of books, ballerinas, and a slew of struggling house plants.
What's your story?
I'd love to help you put it onto pixels and paper.
About my work
My photography style is rich and clean. I always aim to match colors as true to life as possible, and often use light in a way that adds depth and drama. I am comfortable working with both studio and natural light, and can meet you on location anywhere your heart desires.
I am not a huge planner. I prefer to see what the moment gives me and make the most of it. Photo sessions with me tend to be very laid back. I am completely unfazed by rowdy children, bad weather, and wardrobe malfunctions. But a big part of my work does include photoshop to clean up acne, backdrop wrinkles, other unsightly distractions, and to occasionally swap heads from one shot to the next if someone blinks in a group photo. I absolutely will not use photoshop to change a dancer's technique. Your images will be an accurate reflection of your abilities. Do I sound like a good fit for you?
MY DANCE BACKGROUND
- 6 years as a competitive dancer
- 2 years as a student choreographer
- 3 semesters of Musical Theater
- Minored in Modern Dance (BS in Psychology)
- 5 years as a dance teacher/choreographer
- 1 year as a competition coach
- Judged 1 competition
- Choreographed 1 full musical (Beauty and the Beast)
- Experience in ballet, jazz, lyrical, contemporary, acro, tap, military, kickline, musical theater and hip hop
My Photography background
- 2005: started studying digital photography
- 2013: opened for business: family + wedding photography
- 2016, 2019-2022: photography instructor
- 2020: added dance + studio photography
- 2020 & 2022: Dance Specific Photography Training
- 2021: accepted to Click Pro Elite
- 2023: accepted a day job as a commercial photographer
- 2023: phased out family + wedding photography
... but didn't quit this daydream!