I specialize in lifestyle newborn photography, which is different from traditional studio portraiture. My preference is to take pictures of your baby in the context of his/her natural environment, with heavy involvement of the family.
There are two options for this:
Fresh 48 sessions are done in the hospital, during the first 48 hours after birth, before you leave to go home.
These can include:
- Images of siblings meeting for the first time
- Portraits of the baby with parents and grandparents
- A first family portrait
- Individual portraits of baby
- Documentary images of baby's first sponge bath, or dressing baby to go home, etc.
Welcome Home sessions take place in your home, ideally between 3 and 10 days after birth... although I'm willing to work with you any time in the first 6 weeks.
These sessions can include:
- Individual portraits of the baby, full body and detail images
- Portraits of the whole family
- Portraits with siblings
- Portraits with pets
- Documentary images of the nursery, and lifestyle activities such as feeding, bathing, and playing with baby.
I do not provide props or backdrops beyond a simple white or grey blanket. Families are encouraged to provide items with special meaning to them for use during the photo session. Special gifts from Grandparents to the baby, items that represent family hobbies, and nursery decor items all work well in telling the story of welcoming a baby into your family.
I am super relaxed about newborn pictures. If your baby sleeps, wonderful. If not, no problem. No rush, no pressure to perform. Plenty of feeding and diaper breaks. We'll just roll with whatever happens. Plan for the session to last at least 2 hours.